Our goal is to match your cherished vintage items with discerning individuals who will appreciate them as much as you do. We love great vintage things, and we’re dedicated to finding a great home for yours. And selling with us is easy – just follow these steps.
Selling: 4 Easy Steps
Send Us a Consignment Request Form
To begin, fill out our online Consignment Request Form. Tell us about your great vintage item and your desired price. Include a picture, describe it, and tell us the “story” behind it. We love to hear the story – and so do our customers!
We Review & Accept Your Request
Our team of valuation and restoration experts reviews your request. We contact you to discuss your item in detail and to offer advice on pricing. We agree on a target sales price and/or lowest acceptable offer price, your consignment request is accepted, and a formal consignment agreement is signed between you and us.
We Prepare & Present Your Item for Sale
We can optionally store your item at our Atlanta facility (although not necessary), and we can also refurbish and restore it if you choose. Either way: we take (a lot of) pictures, prepare a great description (the story!) and present your item for sale on our website. We also contact our extensive network of private collectors and enthusiasts.
Your Item Gets Sold & You Get Paid!
When your item sells we handle all payment and delivery logistics. We arrange for pickup from you and/or delivery to the customer as needed. We manage all transaction details, no worries or effort on your part. Your item is enthusiastically welcomed into a new home – and you get paid!
Our consignment process is designed to make it simple and seamless for you every step of the way. Basically, we take care of all the details so you don’t have to, while keeping you fully informed throughout the entire process. We make it as clear and straightforward as possible:
What Does Consignment Mean?
- You are the owner, not us. You are not granting us ownership, you are simply granting us permission to sell your item at a price that you approve, for a duration of time (typically 90 days) that you agree to.
- Your item stays with you until it sells. It’s not necessary to store it at our facility during the sales process, although we can optionally arrange for pick up and storage if you wish.
- Your privacy and safety are protected. We do not reveal your identity nor your address or contact information to prospective buyers without your written consent.
What Does Consignment Cost?
- There are no out-of-pocket costs. When you consign with Brutal Vintage we become 35/65 partners in the final sales price: when your item sells, we get 35% of the realized sales price, and you get 65%.
- We do not charge you for credit card processing fees. Any payment processing fees incurred on the sale price will come out of our end, not yours.
- We do not charge you a listing fee. If your item is accepted in Step 2, we’re honored to present it for sale.
- We do not charge you for delivery to the buying customer. The buyer pays that, not you.
- Storage in our Atlanta facility is not included – nor is it necessary – but can be optionally arranged. We can provide a quote to you during Step 2 of the sales process if you’d like.
- We have some of the finest restoration experts available anywhere, ready to serve you right here in our Atlanta facilities.
- Refurbish and restoration services are optional. After seeing your item, we’ll be happy to discuss refurbish and restoration recommendations for you based on your preferences.
- If for any reason you wish to cancel the consignment agreement signed in Step 2 before the consignment term ends, you are certainly able to do so. You’ll be responsible only for any optional costs that were incurred related to optional storage, refurbish or restoration of your item.