- Vintage usually means 25 years or older. When people talk about vintage, they typically mean 25 to 100 years old. But old doesn’t mean unfashionable – vintage is desirable, especially today.
- Antique is vintage too. Older than 100 years is antique, so by definition antique is also vintage. But we’re not into boring antiques. So we’ve got antiques here too, but with desirable vintage flair.
- We’re about distinctively vintage. Age alone isn’t enough. Brutal Vintage is about vintage items that are distinctive, interesting and cool.
The Seller is the owner, not us. The items in our inventory are consigned for sale to Brutal Vintage. This means we are granted permission to sell the items as indicated on our site.
Our selling process is designed to make it simple and seamless for you every step of the way. Basically, we take care of all the details so you don’t have to, while keeping you fully informed throughout the entire process. We make it as clear and straightforward as possible. Selling with us is easy, just follow our 4-Step Selling Process:
- Step 1: Send us a Consignment Request Form
- Step 2: We review & accept your request
- Step 3: We prepare & present your item for sale
- Step 4: Your item gets sold & you get paid!
We think buying great vintage items should be fun and easy, so we take care of all the details for you. We make it as clear and straightforward as possible. Simply follow our 3-Step Buying Process:
- Step 1: Shop our online inventory
- Step 2: Checkout online or offline
- Step 3: Schedule delivery, enjoy!
Pricing & Presentation
All item prices are set by the seller. However, our team of valuation experts is happy to offer advice on pricing, to help sellers decide on their target sales price and/or lowest acceptable offer price.
Certainly! Sellers can decide whether or not they are willing to consider offers on each of their items for sale. When an offer is received, the seller has the option to accept the offer, or to make a counter-offer.
Yes! You’re always welcome to send us your own pictures, of course. In addition, we normally take a lot of high-resolution pictures of the items we post on the site, we want your items to look great. So if you don’t have pictures don’t worry, we’ll take care of it for you.
Yes! We typically collaborate with you to write item descriptions. First, we’ll talk to you about your item and you can tell us what you know about it. Then, we’ll go ahead and write up a description for you. Finally, with your permission, we’ll post the description on the site.
Appraisals & Authentication
We are not licensed appraisers or authenticators, but our team of valuation experts are always ready to advise you on the potential value of your item. Also, if you want an official appraisal or authentication, we’d be happy to recommend a professional to you. We regularly work with a number of great ones.
Restoration & Repairs
Absolutely! Our partners and colleagues A. Ross Noel & Associates are among the finest restoration and repair experts you will find anywhere, with over 35 years of experience. They specialize in restoring pieces to their originally intended condition, using the exact same techniques, materials and finishes master craftsmen used 50 or even 200 years ago.
We can help you restore an item your purchased on the site, or an item you already own.
Simply Contact Us and we’ll be happy to advise you on the best options to restore or repair your vintage items.
Orders & Offers
In many cases, yes! Offers are allowed on an item by item basis, as determined by the Seller. For each item listed on the site, the Sellers decides whether or not they are willing to consider offers. When an offer is received, the seller has the option to accept the offer, or to make a counter-offer. If the Seller makes a counter-offer, the Buyer can counter-offer as well, even repeatedly, until an offer price is accepted by the Seller.
We accept both online and offline payment. Buyers are always welcome to purchase online with a credit card, although if the Buyer prefers, we can arrange for offline purchases via checks or bank transfers as well.
Consignment & Payout
Here at Brutal Vintage we try to keep it as simple and straightforward as possible. When you consign your items for sale with us it means:
- You are the owner, not us. You are not granting us ownership, you are simply granting us permission to sell your item at a price that you approve, for a duration of time (typically 90 days) that you agree to.
- Your item stays with you until it sells. It’s not necessary to store it at our facility during the sales process, although we can optionally arrange for pick up and storage if you wish.
- Your privacy and safety are protected. We do not reveal your identity nor your address or contact information to prospective buyers without your written consent.
- There are no out-of-pocket costs. When you consign with Brutal Vintage we become 35/65 partners in the final sales price. When your item sells, we get 35% of the realized sales price, and you get 65%.
- We do not charge you for credit card processing fees. Any payment processing fees incurred on the sale price will come out of our end, not yours.
- We do not charge you a listing fee. We’re honored to present your item for sale.
- We do not charge you for delivery to the buying customer. The buyer pays that, not you.
Absolutely! If for any reason you wish to cancel the consignment of your item before the consignment term ends, you are certainly able to do so. You’ll be responsible only for any optional costs that were incurred related to optional storage, refurbish or restoration of your item.
Shipping, Delivery & Storage
In most cases, we arrange shipping and delivery for you. Smaller items are normally shipped via carriers such as FedEx or UPS. However for larger and bulkier items, specialty shipping services often need to be arranged. In those cases, as a service to you, we’ll arrange for shipping and delivery services on your behalf, and we’ll offer you the best choices we can. And, we won’t profit from it: delivery costs are always charged as incurred, with no markup.
For deliveries within the greater Atlanta area, we deliver using our own trucks. We’re always happy to schedule personalized delivery for local customers.
Yes! Customers in the greater Atlanta area are always welcome to pickup at our storage and restoration facilities located at:
5105 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
Chamblee, GA 30341
Storage is an optional service that is available for both sellers and buyers at our Atlanta facilities:
- For Sellers: storage of your items in our Atlanta facility is not included – nor is it necessary – but can be optionally arranged. We can provide a quote to you if you’d like.
- For Buyers: after you purchase an item, we can arrange for temporary storage in our Atlanta facility if needed. Just let us know, we’ll try to accommodate your needs.
Returns & Exchanges
Orders that have not yet been delivered to you can be canceled upon request. Simply Contact Us and we’ll take care of the cancellation for you. There is no cancellation penalty.
As a rule, after delivery has been made, we are not able to accept returns or exchanges.
However, if you are not satisfied with your purchase, please Contact Us within 48 hours and we’ll try to work with you on a case by case basis.
Security & Privacy
Brutal Vintage employs a number of best-practice security measures on this website that come into play whenever you are in the My Account or within the Order Checkout process. We make sure the site is always up-to-date with the latest security technologies.
We use Stripe as our exclusive online payment processor. In particular, our servers and order checkout process employ the following:
- Full PCI-compliant servers
- 256-bit SSL-encrypted transactions
- HTTPS-based checkouts
- VeriSign Authentication
As a visual indicator, you will see a padlock icon in your browser whenever you enter a secured area of our site. Our security technology is always in effect regardless of browser or device type (desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile).
Brutal Vintage respects and protects the privacy of our visitors and customers. We do collect some information from our visitors and customers, for example, information provided upon subscribing to our newsletter. However, this information is used only to make our site function better on their behalf, for example, to provide updates, information and recommendations that are relevant to a visitor’s interests.